Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe for Salmon/Chicken
February 25, 2022
What you’ll need for this teriyaki stir fry recipe: large skillet with lid, 1/4 cup water, small bowl, cutting board, knife, spatula, wooden spoon or cooking utensil, plate with foil/cover
- 1 whole Chicken Breasts
- 1 whole Salmon Filets
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 2 large Carrots
- 1/4 medium Onion
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Begin by preheating your skillet over medium/low. Stir the sauce container very well. Once the pan is preheated, add the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer, turning up the heat slightly if needed.
- The sauce will start to become glossy and thicken nicely.
- Once thickened, about 5 minutes of cooking, transfer to a small dish.
- Keep the pan at a medium, add half of the sesame oil and add in your chicken/ salmon (cooking in batches if need be, depending on your pan size)
- Cover with the lid and cook 3-4 minutes.
- While your salmon/chicken is cooking, work on chopping up your veggies, slicing the onion and carrot very thin, breaking up the broccoli and mincing the garlic and ginger.
- Uncover the pan, spoon on some of the teriyaki sauce onto the chicken/salmon. Flip and do the other side. Cover again and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid– the salmon and chicken should be cooked through (chicken = 165 degrees F and salmon = 145 degrees F minimum) cook another minute or so on each side to get a nice sear.
- Transfer salmon/chicken to a plate , drizzle a bit more sauce over the top, cover tightly with foil and let rest while veggies cook.
- Wipe out pan if needed, then drizzle the rest of the sesame oil in the pan, over medium heat still.
- Add the garlic and ginger.
- And the rest of the veggies. Stir-ring well and sautéing 2 minutes or so.
- Grab 1/4 cup of water– turn up the heat on the veggies, add the water and put on lid quickly! (it should steam right away) cook 2 minutes with lid on
- remove lid, add the rest of the teriyaki sauce, cook another minute or so, stirring well. Remove from heat...
- Heat up rice (if using) plate up the chicken/salmon and veggies– and enjoy!