Quick Chicken Alfredo
February 28, 2022
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using pre-made ingredients for a quick dinner!! I’m utilizing some great convenient ingredients to get a delicious dinner on the table fast for this recipe! Jarred Alfredo sauce + rotisserie chicken combined with some fresh ingredients will give us a super flavorful dinner in no time.
A couple quick notes on this recipe: – Feel free to swap out the protein for sausage, beans or even protein-heavy pasta (like Banza) for a filling vegetarian dish – Add any veggies you want- I love mushrooms in Alfredo but if you’re not a fan, feel free to sub eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli – Feel free to use spiralized zucchini or cooked spaghetti squash for a lighter take on the dish
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz Pasta
- 4 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small Onion
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Red or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 - 1 cup Alfredo Sauce
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium. Dice the onion nice and small- add the oil, then the onion & mushrooms, along with a pinch of pepper and let saute a few minutes, until slightly soft and fragrant, 3-5 min.
- Mince the garlic well.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta with a pinch of salt (if desired). Cook according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, add the garlic to the skillet and stir well. We want the mushrooms to be soft and slightly browned.
- Add a little vinegar to the pan (it should sizzle a bit when it hits the pan).
- Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Add the Alfredo sauce to the skillet and bring to a little simmer, then reduce the heat– placing a lid on if need be.
- Drain pasta (but reserve a little of the pasta water)
- Add pasta to saucy skillet, adding in a little bit of pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Otherwise, you don’t have to if you like the consistency. Turn off or take off the heat
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice to taste, some more pepper if you like, top with minced parsley and some shredded parm if you want it and have it! Enjoy!