Pasta Primavera Recipe
December 14, 2021
- 6 ounces favorite pasta cooked (I’m using a corn & quinoa blend linguini)
- 1 lb deveined raw frozen shrimp, thawed and shells removed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces and blanched
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small or half a large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 2-3 T. white balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 t. Kosher salt
- 1 handful spinach, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To Taste Lemon juice
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- To Taste Parmesan cheese
- 1 drizzle Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil to pan and toss in shrimp, seasoning with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Saute, stirring often, until shrimp is no longer translucent and they start to curl up into a “C” shape, about 5 minutes or so. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add another drizzle of onion to pan, adjusting heat if need be and add the sliced onion and minced garlic, cooking until fragrant and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt/cavenders Greek seasoning.
- Add asparagus, corn and peas, sauteeing a few minutes. Turn up heat slightly and add the vinegar ( it should sizzle when it hits the pan!). Using a wooden spoon or spatula, scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the can diced tomatoes and shrimp back to pan, and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine
- Turn down the heat and stir in the spinach. Squeeze in some lemon juice, toss in a bit of parmesan and taste to adjust seasonings per preference ( salt/pepper/cavenders/vinegar/lemon/more cheese…)
- Sprinkle with freshly minced parsley and enjoy!