Panko & Herb Crusted Dijon Salmon/Chicken
February 28, 2022
What you’ll need: sheet pan, parchment (or foil + cooking spray), small mixing bowl, spoon, zester/grater, oven
- 1 filet Salmon
- 1 fresh Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cavender's
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley
- 1-2 leaves Fresh basil
- 1 whole Lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Based Mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Begin by preheating your oven to 335 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment OR foil (or nothing) - if lining with foil or nothing, give a good spray with cooking spray or spread down a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Next, sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the salmon/chicken.
- Empty the panko mixture bag into a small bowl.
- Grab the fresh basil and parsley from the bag and give it a good mince.
- Add it to the bowl with the panko mixture.
- Add the zest of half of the lemon for 2 person or zest of whole lemon for 4 and add to the panko mix (no juice– save for later!)
- ...like so :D
- Add in the olive oil.
- Oive a good stir so everything is mixed well. Set aside.
- Open the mayo/Dijon cup and give a good stir.
- Divide the mayo/Dijon evenly between the chicken and/or salmon. Spread it all over the top.
- Top the chicken/salmon with the panko mix—be liberal with it.
- Press down a little bit with your fingers so the panko mix adheres to the chicken/salmon
- ***if making green beans- Add them to the other side of the sheet pan, if you have room– or use another sheet pan. Toss well with the green bean seasoning and spread in an even layer.
- Bake everything in the 335 degree oven for 25 minutes, checking at 20 minutes (as ovens can vary) topping should be crisp brown and chicken/fish cooked through in the thickest parts (chicken registering between 160-165 / no pink and salmon flakes easily with a fork) Let the proteins rest on the baking sheet after taking out of the oven for 5 minutes before serving! (not covered) If using green beans– squeeze 1/2 a lemon worth of juice over them RIGHT as they come out of the oven! Enjoy!