Oven Roasted Shrimp Boil
February 25, 2022
What you’ll need: cutting board, knife, microwave safe dish and wrap, 9×13 baking dish OR deep foil pan (foil pan can be used for grilling and roasting) – if not grilling, any 9×13 deeper baking dish will do (I still like to use a foil pan for easy clean up!)
MEAL KIT TIPS!!
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN– READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE RECIPE! Gather up all your supplies.
- Don’t skip steps!! Every step has a purpose 🙂
- Some folks like to serve this dish with hot sauce– if you like a little heat, go for it!
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 lb Andouille
- 4 ears Corn
- 4-6 small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4-6 small Red Potatoes
- 2-3 whole Carrots
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 fresh Green Bell Pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 whole Lemons
- Preheat your oven OR grill to 450. (If using gas grill, preheat on high, and adjust the temp later) Begin with the potatoes– wash them off (no need to peel!!) then dice all into uniform shapes. Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tsp water and cover tightly. Microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes until just slightly soft, NOT all the way cooked. This is really important step! Otherwise your potatoes will be undercooked. Drain and discard any excess water from the potatoes then add the potatoes to your pan
- Slice the carrots into uniform shapes and add to pan along with potatoes.
- Shuck the corn, break each ear in half (I just use my hands) then cut each half in half– for a total of 8 mini corn on the cobs. Place in the pan on top of the carrots and potatoes.
- Cut the green pepper into 1 inch pieces…. along with the onion...
- … and toss into the pan on top of the corn.
- if using, cut the sausage into medallions (it’s already fully cooked! Yay!) Place into the pan.
- if using the shrimp, pat dry with a clean dish towel or paper towel. Don’t peel the shrimp! Leaving the shell on will keep the shrimp from drying out, since they cook so quickly. Add to the pan.
- Add in the “seasoning” cup, making sure to scrape out all the seasoning.
- GENTLY toss everything with the seasoning. Be sure that the potatoes stay near the bottom.
- Cover VERY tightly! This is important so everything can steam. Cook covered for 30 minutes. If grilling, turn down the heat to medium, and place over indirect heat. Check at 20 min. mark to make sure nothing is burning on the bottom, give a stir if needed and adjust the heat if necessary.
- After 30 min, uncover, dice the butter, dotting it evenly over the top and place back in oven or grill for another 15 minutes or so uncovered. When done, the potatoes should be fork tender and veggies slightly caramelized!
- After its done cooking, toss in the “RWV” cup (red wine vinegar) AND squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon, reserving the rest for serving. Toss well, top with minced parsley serve and enjoy!!