Kid-Approved Black Bean Brownie
February 17, 2017
- 15 oz. Can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Large Egg
- 3 T. Canola oil
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 Cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 inch baking pan with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Place drained black beans in food processor and process until mostly smooth, stopping to scrape with a spatula 1 or 2 times to mix. To the processor, add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt. Process until smooth.
- Add ¼ - ½ cup of chocolate chips to processor and pulse a few times, just to incorporate.
- Pour mix into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in center of the brownies comes out clean. Cool in pan a few minutes before slicing into 2-inch squares.