Cauliflower Pizza Crust
December 15, 2021
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cored and riced
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan, asiago or romano
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 Large Egg
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- Dash of Dried red pepper flakes
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor until fine.
- Transfer to microwave-safe bowl and microwave high, 4-6 minutes, until steamy and cooked (will be very hot).
- Let cauliflower cool enough to handle. Working with a fourth of the cauliflower at a time, cut cheese cloth in half, place cauliflower in center of cheesecloth and bring up sides to enclose cauliflower.
- Twist and squeeze all of the liquid from the cauliflower. Transfer to a clean bowl. Do this step with the remaining cauliflower.
- To the drained cauliflower add cheese, seasonings and eggs, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line pan (circle or rectangle- doesn’t matter) with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal. Form the cauliflower mixture into a circle or square, even in thickness.
- Bake in oven 15-20 minutes until firm, the cheese is bubbly and it’s slightly browned.
- Let cool completely before topping with desired toppings.
- Once ready, top the pizza with your favorite pizza toppings and pop into a hot oven (400-425 degrees F) until cheese is melty, 10 minutes.