Baked Oatmeal With Apples Recipe
December 15, 2021
This Baked Oatmeal with Apples recipe serves 2 – adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 Each Large firm apples like golden delicious or granny smith, cut in half
- As needed Cooking spray
- 3 T. Brown sugar, divided
- 1 T. Canola oil
- 1 1/2 t. Ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 or 2 Pinches Cloves, nutmeg, allspice - optional
- 2 T. Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 t. Whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Starting at the outermost edges, cut most (but not all) of the way through each apple half at 1/8-inch intervals. Place apple halves, cut sides down, in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spray apples with cooking spray and give a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Cover pan with foil; bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove pan from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining sugar, butter cinnamon, oats, flour. Carefully fan open apple halves. Spoon oat mixture evenly over apples. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn broiler to high (leave pan in oven); broil 2 minutes until golden brown