Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
December 7, 2016
- 16 oz. Whole mushrooms
- 1 Small Shallot or onion, minced
- 4 t. Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 14 oz. Can Artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3 T. Whole wheat bread crumbs or panko
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 1 Pinch Dried thyme
- Zest and juice 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or spray with non-stock spray.
- Wash the mushrooms and pluck off the stems. In a bowl, toss the mushrooms with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper.
- In a separate bowl, add the shallot (or onion), garlic, artichoke hearts, breadcrumbs/panko, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, thyme, zest and juice of lemon and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Mix together well.
- With a small spoon, carefully fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing (don’t push too hard- the mushroom will break!) and place on prepared baking tray.
- Top each mushroom with an extra sprinkle of panko/breadcrumb and parmesan cheese for a crispier topping! (optional)
- Bake in the oven until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is browned, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.