Teriyaki marinated salmon filets
December 15, 2021
Serves 4 (1 filet each)
- 4 Filets Salmon
- 1/2 Cup Reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 Cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable broth
- 3 T. Brown sugar
- 2 t. Sesame oil
- 1 t. Ginger, grated
- 2 to 3 Cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag or in a flat Tupperware container. Toss salmon with marinade and refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning the salmon halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 425. Take salmon out of marinade and place in a foil pan or oven safe baking dish (discard the marinade*) Cover with foil- cook 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes or so, using the fork test to check for doneness. ( take a fork in the thickest part of the fish and pull the meat apart- It should flake easily with no force when done). If the fish is still clear/pink, place in the oven for another 5-10 min and check again.
- *if you want to have some teriyaki to serve with the salmon, reserve about ½ cup of the marinade and use the rest on the fish. Heat the marinade in a skillet to a simmer and reduce by about half ( it should be about syrup consistency)