Creamy Chicken Skillet and Riced Cauliflower Pilaf Recipe
Nov 29, 2017
Creamy chicken skillet and riced cauliflower pilaf
1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon flour
2 tsp olive oil
2 large shallots or 1 small onion, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1– 14oz can lower sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp brown or Dijon mustard
1/2 cup scallions or green onion (about 1 bunch)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
2. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots/onions and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour; stir to coat. Add wine, broth and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil, stirring often.
3. Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until heated through and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes. Stir in yogurt and mustard until smooth; turn the chicken to coat with the sauce. Stir in chives and serve immediately.
Cauliflower rice pilaf
- Olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower cored and riced or 2-3 cups prepared riced cauliflower
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste
- Teaspoon each lemon juice and white or red wine vinegar
- Parsley and green onions to garnish
- 1.Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and the diced onion, carrot and celery, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes until slightly softened and onions are fragrant. Turn temperature up to medium- high.
- 2.Add garlic and cook 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- 3.With the pan hot, add stock (should sizzle when it hits the pan!) and scrape up brown bits from bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook stock until it has reduced by about half.
- 4.Add riced cauliflower, tossing with vegetables and seasoning with another pinch salt, pepper and garlic/ onion powders and dried oregano.
- 5.Add lemon juice and vinegar. Taste here and adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6.Garnish with parsley and green onions and serve warm.